The district headquarter is situated in Rewari. Other smaller towns
are Bawal, Dharuhera and Kosli. The total area of Rewari district
is 1,559 sq km. This district borders the state of Rajasthan and
the districts of Mahendergarh, Gurgaon and Rohtak.
The red mosque (Lal Masjid) near the old courts (Kchahari) is among
the famous historical places in the district. It was built
during the regime of King Akbar in the year 1570. Also there are
two monuments near the mosque.
Baag Wala Talab
This pond is situated near old tehsil office Rewari. It was built
by Ram Ahir son of Rao Gujjarmal. Presently this pond is dry.
Bada Talab (Rao Tej Singh Talab)
This pond is situated near old Town Hall of Rewari. It was built
(pakka-cemented) by Rao Tej Singh during the year 1810-1815. This
huge pond is filled by rain/cannal water thru underground inlets.
This talab had provision for separate bathing for ladies and gents.
The Ghanteshwar Mandir is among the famous religios
places in the district. It is situated in the heart of city. The
statues of all gods & goddess of Sanatan Dharma
are eastablished in the temple. It is three storied temple. A majority
of citizens come to this temple for prayers. A famus temple of lord
Hanuman is situated on the bank of bada talab, this temple is visited
by large numbers every tuesday. There are two church in the city
since the time of British.
Apart from these are other several places in the rural areas viz:
temple of Baba Bheron Nath at Khol, temple of Swamy
Shrnanad at Darauli, Ashrma of Baba Purshotam Dass
at Balwari village, temple of Baba Raghunath at Sangwadi
village and temple of Baba Mohan Dass at the village
Bharawas. Some of the above are monuments (Samadhi) and in the memory
of these sants, the local people conduct village fairs every year.The
Bhagwat Bhakti Ashrma of Rampura is also a famous historical
place in the district Rewari.
General Information & Accomdation info on Rewari city of Haryana - India